CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Question on LaneWatch

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Smile Question on LaneWatch

So I'm looking into a Honda CRV and I was a fan of LaneWatch (you essentially turn your blinker on and a camera pops on the HUD showing what would be there, I'm sure you're already familiar).
However, while researching the 2017 CRV a lot of websites really like the vehicle itself but hate on the LaneWatch, I've seen multiple sites state that the LaneWatch is "thankfully" gone or that LW was "awful" I'd like to know why?
This brings me to my second, more important question, of what is replaceing LaneWatch? Is it "blind-spot warning" what exactly is blind-spot warning and how does it work?
I really like the videos of LaneWatch and surprised it doesn't have a great reception? Is the replacement for the 2017 CRV better? Why?

Old 02-09-2017, 07:15 PM

Just purchased a 2017 Touring CRV...no Lane Watch but does have the BSM(blindspot Monitoring). The basic blinky thing in the side mirrors with audible beep. I came from a 2013 CRV that had nothing for LW or BSM.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:43 PM

I just got a '16 with the lanewatch camera. I think it's great. A good double check feature, for those a-holes to like to pass on the right at a 20 delta or higher.
Also glad to know when I am on the motorcycle, CR-V owners might be able to see me better. The camera picks up headlights quite well, even in the daytime.

Sorry to hear it get bounced. When we testdrove the '17 I found that blinky thing to be annoying.