Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Honda Accord Idol problem..??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Default 2000 Honda Accord Idol problem..??

So I drive a 2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6..I have had this car for going on 5 years now and I've had my share of fixes and what not but I take very good care of my car. I never let it go past its oil change, I never let it go past a quarter tank, I change spark plugs when needed, I don't drive it rough etc etc With that said I have noticed the past 2 years have been the hardest with it mechanically. I've changed the spark plugs three times because they always say misfiring, I have changed the air filter, I've poured that gas tank/line cleaner down my tank and there is something wrong with the way it idols. From time to time it will just start idling very low and I have to give it light gas for a couple minutes and it's fine, other times it I have to rev it up higher and try and switch my car into gear quickly and sometimes that doesn't work either and I'm stuck with a car that turns over but won't stay running..Also my check engine light likes to come on randomly and sometimes it flashes and sometimes not but my car will drive perfectly fine. When it does decide to flash on me my car engine starts shaking/rattling and at that point I just try to get it somewhere close to home or home..it is so scary and I'm very worried my car is going to explode or something. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I've heard my year/make/model are known for transmission problems and I've been told it's the Idol Control Valve or Sensor as well..idk what to do I just want it fixed and I don't want to get screwed over and jewed out of money, I've got a baby coming in four weeks and need a reliable car. Thank you so much in advance!