General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 accord keyless programming mode problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Default 2000 accord keyless programming mode problem

i understand correctly how to program a remote with my car. i have done it before.

the issue i am having now is that after i follow the steps correctly, and the fourth time in the (II) position, my door locks do not cycle, indicating that my car has NOT entered remote programming mode.

i have new remotes and i replaced the keyless control main unit. obviously, i have checked all fuses as well.

does anyone know why my car will not enter programming mode?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 PM

Well, I understand you state you are aware of how to do this. If this is the case, than you understand that it can be a bit confusing. For your benefit, I will list the steps here, and you make sure you are doing them correctly. THen we will troubleshoot further.

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps.
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver.

3. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

5. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver keyless unit behind the glove box.

6. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

8. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver keyless unit behind the glove box.

9. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

11. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver keyless unit behind the glove box.

12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.

13. Within 15 sec., aim the remaining transmitters (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons.Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.
15. Confirm proper operation of the transmitters.

Let me know if this helps.

Last edited by super750; 08-04-2010 at 08:56 PM.