Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Accord - Keyless Entry Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Default 2000 Accord - Keyless Entry Question

At one point my car had some keyless entry remotes but they've been completely lost. Rather than buying some new remotes, I was considering replacing the entry module with one that matches my chevy. I already have two remotes for it and it would be nice to be able to open both cars with one remote rather than having to carry around an extra.

I found the wiring diagram for both cars and they appear to use the same voltages and means to lock/unlock the doors (both are "type b"). The only thing I worry about is the anti-theft part.

My end goal here is rather than completely re-wiring the car, to just make use of the existing wiring entering the module either by removing the old module and splicing the wires into the new module's connector, or, if the anti-theft means I must have the honda module in place, tapping into the wires and letting the two modules sit side by side in parallel.

Any advice?

Old 04-16-2013, 04:54 PM

It would work but are confident in your skills reading a wiring diagram etc...?

Also, how are you planning on differentiating which car will open? are there acc. buttons on the chevy remote? It would be pretty funny if you hit unlock and all your cars chripped and unlocked in unison.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by RSXSwapper
It would work but are confident in your skills reading a wiring diagram etc...?
A valid concern, but yes, I'm confident I can read a wire diagram Even better, I found a simple to read explanation of which wire does what thing as it comes into the 22-pin connector on the keyless entry module.

My developing plan right now is to leave the existing connector intact and splice into the existing wires in the same manner that you follow when installing a brand new system. That way if something goes horribly wrong when I remove the honda module, I can put it back in place and run them side by side.

Also, how are you planning on differentiating which car will open? are there acc. buttons on the chevy remote? It would be pretty funny if you hit unlock and all your cars chripped and unlocked in unison.
I'm not differentiating. I only have the two cars (mine and my wife's), and we park them inside our home's garage so if one accidentally remains locked or unlocked it's no big deal.