Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'94 Honda Accord LX Race Car, help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Exclamation '94 Honda Accord LX Race Car, help

Hi I currently race an '94 Accord LX 4 door. I am getting ready to rebuild the lower end and am looking for advice. I was looking at the safest bore. I found places that would sell up to a .040" piston. I'm a mechanic but I don't know the safe things I can and cannot do to the f22b2 engine. I want to bore it out but I need to know the safest bore to use. I am also looking at what head can be swapped that will make more horsepower. I took the ac system out. I'm running stock but blew the head gasket out for the second time due to a hurried head gasket replacement. (Didn't mill the block. Yea I know that's a mistake.) The motor must be stock appearing so I can't drop racing parts in it. Any other way around it, is swapping parts out. The motor must be the f22b2 due to the fact it came in the car originally. And the last question I have; is there a bolt in tranny that has lower gearing? All advice will be much appreciated. I only have enough for the rebuild kit right now and milling boring ect. So the cheapest way to get more horsepower is always better. I'm not looking for 200 horse or anything but it is sitting at 130hp brand new. I would like to make 30hp - 50hp if possible. Must stay N/A. If anyone has the HP statistics of the sizes bored that would be awesome as well. Hope to hear from anyone. Just remember it must stay N/A.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:35 PM

Any F or H series trans will bolt up.

Prelude/H-series Transmission Codes and Ratios master-list - Honda-Tech

This should get you started on a trans to pick out. The T2W4 is a good choice, because is comes with an LSD, and they are fairly easy to rebuild. If you are racing and a mechanic, I assume you will be working on it yourself.

The f22b2 is a dog. Another 30hp is do-able, 50.....you're pushin' it. How stock does it have to look? i.e. can it have the usual intake, exhuast and header mods, or do those need to be stock? Obviously, if you can replace the head gasket, than next time, take the head to a machine shop, and have them take .020" off the head. That should increase the compression, but still allow pump gas with no problems. Also, a chipped ECU and a tune will see a nice bit of power.

I have a 97 LX wagon 5sp. I have done a fair bit of messing around with this engine, and I am also a mechanic, though I build race bikes for a living.