Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Shakes at 60+ MPH

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 08:23 AM
Question Wheel Shakes at 60+ MPH

Hello everybody. I have a 2012 Honda Accord SE with 38,000 miles on it. A month ago I realized there was a humming noise coming from what I believe is my tires. Also my wheel was shaking at speeds over 60 MPH and when braking hard. Had a warranty with Honda and they replaced the wheel bearing kit for passenger front and driver back. Sound was still there. Two more visits at Honda and they couldn't identify the problem.

Decided to get new tires and an alignment. This took away the humming noise that was there. Then I decided to get new brake pads and rotors. That eliminated the shaking when braking.

When my vehicle goes over 60 MPH there is still shaking in the wheel. I had my tires looked at from a different shop and they said there are no bent rims or problems with my tires.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what could be causing my wheel to still shake at high speeds? It is driving me crazy. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.