CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2001 CR-V replacement distributor, minor connector difference

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Default 2001 CR-V replacement distributor, minor connector difference

Greetings. I've just got a replacement distributor for a 2001 (older) CR-V, specifically this one:
https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/H...deb7b1d&000103
It claims to be for a TD-74U, which is exactly what the existing one is, however there is a minor connector difference - see attached pictures. The white plastic connector inserts are slightly different.

I've put a meter across the pins on both units in various combinations and they compare (within reasonable tolerance) extremely closely, so I'm convinced that it is just the connector.

I also know that I can just pop out the plastic insert and swap them over - but does anyone know for sure, one way or the other, whether it matters?

Attached Thumbnails 2001 CR-V replacement distributor, minor connector difference-img_5249.png   2001 CR-V replacement distributor, minor connector difference-img_5250.png  
Old 11-24-2018, 01:40 PM
Default I would swap the plastic over

It looks like he difference has to do with the water seal that keeps the connections dry, more than with any electrical differences.

Obviously, you want to make sure it works, but also check to make sure to connection gives you a water-tight seal as well.