CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2006 CRV "under dash HVAC Housing"

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2023 | 11:48 AM
|
Default 2006 CRV "under dash HVAC Housing"

Hello! I'm new to the forum because I just purchased a 2006 CRV SE a few months ago. The dial **** on the dashboard that controls where the HVAC air blows only works for the vent. I can't blow air to the floor or the windshield. After perusing the internet, it seemed like the issue was the air blend door actuator. So I watched a few videos and ordered the part on Amazon. I tried to do the repair, but I am just too big (6'3", 300 lbs) and too old to contort my body to do any kind of under dash repair! So I bought to a local mechanic whom I trust to do the work. He said that the issue is not the actual air blend door actuator, but the part that drives that. He said that it was completely frozen. They got it unfrozen and was able to move it and it works now, but he said it could really stick again at any time - especially if I put it back on the vent selection. He said that I really need the entire "under dash HVAC housing", and worse news - they don't make that part any more, so I'm going to have to go to a pick-and-pull junkyard and try to find the part. What I am wondering - and need help with - is do any of you have a picture or page from the service manual that shows exactly what part this is? I've searched the internet, and nothing has really come up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 02-28-2023 | 02:31 PM

The housing is warped. If you remove it you may be able to get it back in the proper shape. Use a heat gun to get it warm and allow it to cool in the correct position.

Old 02-28-2023 | 04:02 PM
|

What all is contained in the housing? Is it possible to remove the entire housing with all of the components inside, or do I have to remove different components first and then remove the housing? Do you have a picture or drawing (like from the service manual) of the housing or know where I can get one?