Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

Can't not control from where to blow air out

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 07:52 PM
Default Can't not control from where to blow air out

Hi,

I have had this problem for quite a while. I am referring to the control that sends the air from dash vent, or sends the air to your foot position, or sends the air to windshield.

At first, when I use the air vent control to change to a different choice, it would stuck at current position for quite a while (maybe 10-20 minutes?), and then it would blow air at your desired choice. It had been like this for several months. But gradually, it seems to stuck forever. Right now it stucks at windshield vent position. It is not the control button that stucks, it is where the air actually comes out that stuck.

Is it the blend door actuator problem? Or is there another actuator controls it?

It is a 2008 Honda Odyssey.

How do I further diagnose it?

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2022, 12:36 AM

Generally, ...
For the HVAC system, I believe there are two doors. One which chooses the hot or cold ... temp. The other chooses which direction the air flows.
One can usually locate the actuator near the center console of the dash by the foot well. Would shine a light to see what happens when one pushes the controls.
This would help to determine which actuator does what. Sorry, that is as much as I know.