CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2007 Honda Crv Vsa and ! light then limp

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 03:26 PM
Default 2007 Honda Crv Vsa and ! light then limp

I have a 2007 Honda Crv with 370,711 miles on it. I was going down the interstate and noticed my cruise shut off and I was slowing down. Upon further inspection the VSA and triangle ! Were on and it was in limp mode. I can shut the engine off and restart it and it will run fine around town my wife drove it and upon take off it did it again....I've read on this forum that the oil being old could cause this.Also would somewhat bald tires cause this? I've also read that the Vtec solenoid can cause this. Anything will help as I will be fixing it myself if I have to change something thank u!!!

P.S I'm taking it for a oil change I will post if this fixes it or not
Also should point out that my check engine light is on and before all this I put my code scanner on it and the code said that the knock sensor was bad

James

Last edited by Sidebottomjimmt; 12-13-2023 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:48 AM

Need to scan all modules for codes.

Old 12-15-2023, 08:47 AM

The VSA (vehicle stability assist) and triangle with ! comes on anytime there is an issue with the ABS, Engine controls, and/or all sensors that affect the ability of the vehicle to function. So basically almost anything. A suggestion of scanning the ECU for codes might help to determine where to start. Reading a knock sensor code before all this happened? Would guess that one should replace the knock sensor??

The knock sensor is in the front near the starter. Tough position to work with but can be done by DIYer. I had to do it after I had my starter replaced. The mechanic took the connector off and when he put it back on, bent the pin on the sensor. Replaced and it took time because of the poor position. Check youtube video.

Old 12-15-2023, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by avisitor
The VSA (vehicle stability assist) and triangle with ! comes on anytime there is an issue with the ABS, Engine controls, and/or all sensors that affect the ability of the vehicle to function. So basically almost anything. A suggestion of scanning the ECU for codes might help to determine where to start. Reading a knock sensor code before all this happened? Would guess that one should replace the knock sensor??

The knock sensor is in the front near the starter. Tough position to work with but can be done by DIYer. I had to do it after I had my starter replaced. The mechanic took the connector off and when he put it back on, bent the pin on the sensor. Replaced and it took time because of the poor position. Check youtube video.

Yea I watched a video on knock sensor tight fit..I've always been the one to fix my cars myself I've turned wrenches since I was 12. I changed the oil and it hasn't done it again since. I have a code scanner that scans abs;trans engine all that that's how I knew the knock sensor was bad if it does it again ill read the codes...I just did the oil change cause it was the cheapest route at the moment.Also have read the Vtec solenoid cause the same thing...it kicks in over 3000 rpm and that when the vsa and ! Light came on the first time I was on the interstate second was on take off sorry this is long just trying to be as specific as poss

Old 12-16-2023, 05:16 PM

The VTEC has oil screens. Sometimes they get clogged. It can limit power at higher rpms.