CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2024 Honda CR-V Hybrid Rattling Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 03:08 PM

PattyC - I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I will have to check things you pointed out too...

Finally I got my vehicle back about two weeks ago. After FIVE repair attempts (98 days total in the shop), they said they found heater core pipe behind the driver's side was misaligned. They re-assembled it and I don't hear the noise anymore. However, I may not be hearing the noise again just because it is much warmer outside now (Texas). Will have to see when the weather cools down again... Frustrating...

Hope everything goes well with your case.

Old 06-29-2024, 03:32 PM

LDB -

I finally got my car back about two weeks ago after FIVE repair attempts as I replied to PettyC previously. It doesn't seem the noise is present anymore, but it could be the warmer weather.

I am located in Austin, TX. No, I have not checked those resources for the performance of Honda dealers. Yeah, I could have consulted those resources if I knew about them... Well I should say I am so disappointed with Round Rock Honda, where I bought my CR-V and got my vehicle serviced for the first two times. They said it was normal and it could be because of my driving style. They also said Honda (manufacturer) did agree my vehicle was all normal. I don't know how they could say something like that because I don't think they even had a field tech from Honda inspect my vehicle. But another dealership, First Texas Honda, they did their best to fix the issue (took 62 days) and finally found misaligned heater core pipes were causing the noise. First Texas Honda definitely contacted Honda and had field techs come over and inspect my vehicle. I can confirm this because I got a call directly from Honda that their field technicians inspected my vehicle. They did NOT say it was normal.

Badly want to re-visit Round Rock Honda and talk with their manager about not putting their efforts enough but I am trying to refrain myself from doing it... The Round Rock Honda service advisor I dealt with even called/texted me for not giving him a perfect score on the survey after the service. He literally texted me like "the survey you filled out was a reflection of my performance and you just ruined me."

Old 06-29-2024, 05:53 PM
LDB

I'm glad to hear it was resolved satisfactorily even if not in a timely manner. Now you know about dealerrater.com and will have more resources available to you in the future. Hopefully you won't need them though. It sounds like you found the dealer to work with in your second stop. Enjoy your finally fixed car.