CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

98 CR-V Sputters

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Unhappy 98 CR-V Sputters

Car sputters at low RPMS. Due to maintenance or failure: items changed, Timing Belt, Water Pump, Coil pack in distributor, rotor, cap, plug wires plugs this was all around 150,000(Fuel Filter today with no change). Car ran great up until a few days ago. As soon as this happened I stopped driving it. didn't look at any of these items that have been changed (don't really think they should be looked at since the vehicle runs... Tried to check the crank position sensor but couldn't get it apart. I also don't know what it should measure with an ohm meter (Ohm specs). Tried to bypass crank sensor but don't think it worked(not really sure.) it's has around 180,000 now.
I Don't know where to start... Vehicle starts & idles. sputters when accelerator is depressed or driven at low RPMs. Was afraid to push it when this happened so I don't know how well it will react at higher RPM.

I'm a DIY in need of some help.

Thanks,

Old 12-30-2011, 01:10 PM

Welcome in,a bad Cam position sensor usually will shut the engine off. I would check the fuel pressure next. O2 Sensors is another possibility.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:36 AM

YES! Great piece, keep up the terrific work.real estate lawyer brooklynThis is the type of information that should gain recognition for it’s craft. More writers should learn from you. This is right on the money. great site i must say....very enjoyable stuff is placed here in a very appropriate way...thanks for publish this site…thanks for publish it..its a good attempt..

Old 09-10-2012, 07:41 AM

Thank you sir.