CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

98 Honda CRV 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Angry 98 Honda CRV 2.0

Hi I’m new to this forum, and hoping someone can help. Firstly, I am a woman so I’m not savy to mechanical stuff. Ok here goes. My CRV starts up fine when engine is cold, runs ok, little bit of high idling. If I’m stopped at a light/stop sign, when I proceed to drive sometimes it bucks, not always though. As soon as I stop to say run in a store, come out, engine is now hot, it will not start. We have changed the fuel pump in engine, checked fuel pump in gas tank that’s fine, changed points, and plugs, new distributor cap, new mac sensor, new thermostat, and thermostat sensor, new water pump, timing, and tension, new battery, new idle air valve, had smoke blown into the lines to check for any cracks, all my lines are good. Checked main relay, that’s good. All these new parts, and work was done this past week. Still doing the same, starts up when engine is cold, then starts to idle high, then shut it off, engine is now hot, and it won’t start. Please can anyone give me a idea. Oh it’s throwing a code PO118, high input? And PO122, pedal position sensor. We have no idea where this is, or what to do. We asked autozone for the pedal sensor, they said 98 Honda CRV 2.0 doesn’t have this sensor. I’m so confused. Please can someone help?

Old 11-04-2017, 08:28 AM

Made an appointment with Hond, can’t deal with gusing, and buying and nothing works. Already paid an auto shop 350 labor, and still not right. So time to go to the experts. Rsther pay them then keep sinking money. I’ll have the best engine, then just have to wortyy the body doesn’t fall apart. Lol.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:28 AM

Sorry misspelling, but in a hurry. Good luck ya’ll