CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Choices and thoughts on a purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 10:00 AM
Default Choices and thoughts on a purchase

Hello,

I'm shopping between a new CR-V, Forester, or CX-5. Have a lot of Honda experience.

Slightly concerned about small 1.4 with turbo in terms of longevity. (Properly maintained and driven responsibly of course.) Can't afford a hybrid. (Rav4 is too tight for my stature)

Would any of you be willing to share a few short insights?

Are you' pleased with your CR-V choice?

Any issues in 2024 gen?

Would consider other vehicles if you had a do-over?

I really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Old 01-20-2024, 03:03 PM
Default Mis-displacement

What vehicle with a 1.4L turbo is giving you all that concern? The CR-V gassers are 1.5T’s

In response to your inquiry and most likely sharing the bubba issue, I would have bought a Toyota Highlander if one was available however I was looking for a top trim hybrid and they were scarce to non existent.

If you want Honda and not a small displacement I-4 turbo, you might want to look at the Acura RDX. It has the 2.0T.

Old 01-21-2024, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by chrisk
Hello,

I'm shopping between a new CR-V, Forester, or CX-5. Have a lot of Honda experience.

Slightly concerned about small 1.4 with turbo in terms of longevity. (Properly maintained and driven responsibly of course.) Can't afford a hybrid. (Rav4 is too tight for my stature)

Would any of you be willing to share a few short insights?

Are you' pleased with your CR-V choice?

Any issues in 2024 gen?

Would consider other vehicles if you had a do-over?

I really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
We attended the auto show in San Diego. The Subaru is a darn nice vehicle but my wife and I didn't like the seats. Too narrow and we're both pretty lean. The EyeSight gizmo blocks forward vision for a tall person. The engine's naturally aspirated so that's a plus. Despite the five star crash rating the doors are not even solid like the CRV. I'd consider the hybrid but the bean counters didn't feel a spare tire was essential? Really Honda? $38K+ and a can of Slime? I'm 6'3" and the CRV is very comfortable and more solid. The dash is nice and the info screen is in control. neither one of us needs the humongous screen. The engine's been out for awhile so I'm not concerned with it. The 2024 has been tuned for regular unleaded too. Costco gets a quarter more per gallon for premium. Our 2005 Pilot has 258K. I'll keep it for a junk I don't have to worry about in parking lots.

Old 01-21-2024, 01:37 PM

What information can we offer that would help in your decision? Why would you trust us and not yourself?