CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

LED Headlights causing emissions error (2021 EX-L)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 01:14 PM
Default LED Headlights causing emissions error (2021 EX-L)?

I replaced my headlights on my 2021 EX-L back in November. Fast forward to late March and I pop an "Emissions Error" on the dash. Now, after 3 failed attempts to solve the problem, Honda Dealership is stating "the LED headlights are causing the problem" and that "the computer is getting incorrect feedback that the gas pressure in the tank is off." I am running Auxito brand lights. Is there a chance this error code is really being popped by the LED lights? I know CANbus errors can occur but this doesn't seem to be anywhere in the vicinity. I am wondering if they aren't simply guessing at this and don't want to look into the more expensive possibilities since the car is Certified Pre-Owned. My other question would be why would this occur after 4 months of stress free performance? Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

-Rob

Old 04-21-2023, 07:09 PM

Disconnect them and see.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Have you tried to put the original lamps back into place and see if it happens again?

Old 04-29-2023, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by RJMatthews
I replaced my headlights on my 2021 EX-L back in November. Fast forward to late March and I pop an "Emissions Error" on the dash. Now, after 3 failed attempts to solve the problem, Honda Dealership is stating "the LED headlights are causing the problem" and that "the computer is getting incorrect feedback that the gas pressure in the tank is off." I am running Auxito brand lights. Is there a chance this error code is really being popped by the LED lights? I know CANbus errors can occur but this doesn't seem to be anywhere in the vicinity. I am wondering if they aren't simply guessing at this and don't want to look into the more expensive possibilities since the car is Certified Pre-Owned. My other question would be why would this occur after 4 months of stress free performance? Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

-Rob
No issues on my 21 with LED replacement headlights and backup lights have been in for almost 2 years.

Old 05-02-2023, 08:26 AM

I have been running them since November and have since discarded the original bulbs. I thought i was in the clear after a few months and tossed them, code doesn't come back on for a few days after it is cleared. I guess I will have to try OEM and see what happens. That is what Honda service is saying but it seems sketchy.. They had the car on 3 separate occasions and on the fourth this is the best they have. Even they cannot get the car to pop a code after test driving it for days.

Old 05-02-2023, 09:28 AM

I have been running them since November and have since discarded the original bulbs. I thought i was in the clear after a few months and tossed them, code doesn't come back on for a few days after it is cleared. I guess I will have to try OEM and see what happens. That is what Honda service is saying but it seems sketchy.. They had the car on 3 separate occasions and on the fourth this is the best they have. Even they cannot get the car to pop a code after test driving it for days.
They never spend more than 15 minutes trying to get a vehicle to code.

Old 05-03-2023, 08:30 AM

They gave me a loaner and had my car for three days. I know they hate giving out loaner vehicles and have no had to do it on 3 of 4 occasions.

Old 08-11-2023, 01:47 PM

I am interested to know if putting the OEM Lights back fixed the problem. That just sounds too weird to me. If it didn’t fix the problem, did you take it back to them to get the issue resolved?