CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Need your input on new 2015 CR-V extras

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Default Need your input on new 2015 CR-V extras

Hey everyone!

I am the proud and happy owner of a new CR-V! I would love your opinion on a couple things I'm contemplating. There are 3 things I'm planning to add (2 I have already purchased, 1 I haven't purchased yet). I want to know if any of them will add to or deduct from the resale value down the line.

It has the rear view camera - but not the sensors that make it beep at you as you get closer to an object. I haven't purchased them yet - but do you think it's a good idea?

I have paid for front and back mud flaps. Do you think that will increase or decrease the value?

And the 3rd thing is the side trim that protects it from people banging their doors into me and dinging the paint. They are going to paint them to match the color of the SUV - which is that beautiful opalized black!

I appreciate your input! Especially since none of these are factory installed but will all be dealer installed.

Thanks!

Old 08-10-2016, 10:00 PM

Cars are one if the worst investmemts known to man.

In my experience when you go to sell your car all your aesthetic mods will be virtually worthless. It may motivate a potential buyer, but you wont get your money back.

I wouldn't waste money on a beeping backup sensor. Backup cameras are sufficient. Most of the world operate a vehicle with neither

In the end its your car and your money. Do what works for you. Don't plan on a making a profit

Old 12-30-2016, 09:15 PM
LDB

If you properly and carefully use all 3 of your mirrors plus the backup camera you won't need the sensors.

The splash guards / mudflaps / stone shields may keep debris from being thrown up by the tires and damaging the vehicle. If two otherwise identical vehicles are taken to a dealer to trade in they won't make any difference at all. In a private party sale they might be worth the price of 1-1.5 of them above the vehicle without them but it's iffy.

Bodyside molding may protect the car from a careless driver if the widest part of their door coincides with the level of the molding. If the shapes are different they'll still strike your car not the molding. You are probably equally if not better protected by paying attention to where you park, right in the center of wide spaces far from doors etc. so fewer of the lazy masses will park beside you, and always free of cars immediately beside the space you choose that are crooked or otherwise not well parked.

That's my dime. YMMV

Old 01-06-2017, 06:59 PM

Generally add ons don't add value,when trading in a vehicle they strictly go by black book value,although the mud flaps or anything that keeps the car in good shape does pay off when trading.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:58 AM

If KBB does not have what you want to do to your vehicle listed on their site, then it will have zero effect on your vehicle's resale value. Vehicles are always depreciating, mods, upgrades and add-ons do very little for their value.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:36 PM

I like the idea of the side molding because it will help protect your car from getting banged into. Taking care of your care and keeping up with maintenance will do a lot more to retain your value than accessorizing it will.