CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Power windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Default Power windows

Have a 2000 CR-V ex and the drivers window just stopped working. It worked the day before and when I went to use it yesterday I could hear a Click coming from the area behind the switches but window wouldn't do anything. I switched fuses with other windows and they all worked but the drivers. Is there a relay
somewhere???? She has 120K miles on her and all mechanically is great as well as outside curb appeal.
Any suggestions would be appreciated as I like everything neat and organized and in working condition.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:26 AM

Welcome to the forum,it's possible it's a switch,try taking one of the other switches loose and useing it to see if it is the switch,if not then move on to the regulator.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 AM

Thank you Bucweat ,
Haven't had a chance to check it out (grandson visited for weekend) but will check it out soon. Will swop switches first and go from there. I do hear a click behind the dash when I push switch. All others work and did it with master power switch Off & On also.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:40 AM

Well I went out bought a set of different size fuses , full set of plastic trim removal tools , charged up the electric screwdriver ,new batteries in my meter , got my 12 volt buzzer , my electric tool kit and my tool bag. Wife at work so pulled the car under the carport to keep cool. Living in a condo one needs to pick the right time to work on your vehicle and thats after lunch when the condo commandoes are napping and it hot out.
Got my rubber mat out to knell down on in place ,set up my tools to be in easy reach ,stuck the key into the ignition after sliding the seatbelt into the latch and taping the door/light switch and were ready to go to battle . Turned on the ignition and pressed the passenger side window down and back up , and don't know why but did the drivers side when a astonishing thing happened. The window went down and back up ????? Tried it twice again and it never skipped a beat . WoW did I get lucky !!!!
Sat back finished off my glass of southern tea and thought about the game plan to put my tools away. Reorganized the spare tire tub to make room for the new tools straitened up the rest of the interior. I was all done grabbed my tool bag locked up and turned around and about knocked over a condo commando standing behind me. He said what are you up to this time ? I replied nothing just going to straiten out my tools upstairs . He then asked if I would look at his truck because it has a squeaky belt slipping. I politely responded by declining and answered : You know it's against the rules to work on vehicles in the car park but I can give you the name of a good mechanic. The look on his face was priceless and uttered it's just a squeaky belt . I told him .. Just take a dry bar of soap and rub it on the belt and it will stop squeaking . Yep walked away . Later I was going out and on my way I snapped a picture of a few of the commandos all looking under his hood and stopped in front of his car and he said thanks the squeak is gone. Sooooo the next time they say something about me working on my car I'll show them the pic and say what is good for the goose os good for the gander.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 AM

Sounds like you have a loose connection and it will probably let you down again in the future,I had one once in a Bronco,you could jiggle the wire and it would work every time, it turned out the plastic connection wouldn't latch into position soooo a zip tie pulled them together just fine.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:46 AM

Thank You for your insight.
Yes I believe it must be a loose wire but I will try to attack it again when it decides to quit while I'm out of town and most of the tools are put away inside my 2 cabinet garage at the condo. LoL I can answer 99% of the ROBALO BOAT Questions but I am not so automotive inclined LoL.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 AM

Things always happen when you least expect it.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:01 PM

Check the wire harness bettween the door and the body of the vehicle. You more than likely have a broken wire in there that is making contact off and on when you open the door. Hope this helps you out.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 AM

Good point never thought of that.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I went and replaced fuses and pushed on the harness between door & and the body and hasn't missed a beat. However I took the 4 fuses from all the windows and tested them with a buzzer I made up to work on my boats and 1 of the fuses looked good but would not set the buzzer off. Looked at it with a bright light and magnifying glass and at the base of the element you could see where it didn't go into the plastic. Well it is like a boat SHIP happens Thanks guy's

Quick Reply: Power windows