CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

tentioner

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Default tentioner

wow ,so my friend wants me to do his timming belt,and since i learned how to do a timming belt on a cr-v i told him ok,we get all the way down ,ready to get to the fun part,and we find the tentioner 14 mm bolt is stripped...so we tried a 13,no luck..then a 1/2 inch..no luck...who ever did his belt last really was an as$..and should never touch a honda as long as he/she lives....but the bolt is still my problem...any ideas?..i was told to drill a whole through the fender to get better acess to the bolt...but then what???...heat??....impact??...someone school me please

Old 06-13-2012, 02:28 PM

So the bolt won't back out?

Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 AM

they tightened it so much,it started striping,so i got one of those stripped bolt remover kits from sears,and i got a 13 mm to fit,and it didnt work.i thought of getting mu drummel and a grinding bit,and trying to fix the bolt sides.ill try to get a pic..

Old 06-25-2012, 07:07 AM

Please do,that will help with understanding your problem.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:27 AM

i got it out,i had to use a bolt remover kit from sears,and it broke free. i got a new tentioner from honda,and bolt,and the new tentioner is installed.im trying to get this done,so i can start on my acure,i got type II ported and pollished heads,and intake,and a new egr system,and koyo radiator,and obx headers for my legend that i have had for 16 years.and the crv project was slowing me down ....

Old 07-17-2012, 12:42 PM

Glad you got it out.