CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Why 2024 Honda CRV has no engine cover?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Default Why 2024 Honda CRV has no engine cover?

I purchased 2024 Honda CRV and discovered it does NOT have upper engine cover. All my previous cars had always an engine cover. Is this standard for Honda to not have engine cover? If yes, do you recommend to buy one or is it waste of money?

Last edited by theateist; 01-02-2024 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 06:00 PM

Did it have a cover when you checked it out before buying?

Old 01-02-2024, 06:06 PM

Just before I drove from the dealership I opened the hood and there was no engine cover. I told that to the sales person but he said it doesn't come with one. But, when I left I thought maybe it should come with one anyway. Therefore, I'm asking here if someone has same car or any any insight.

Old 01-02-2024, 08:55 PM
Default Don’t Look Up

Originally Posted by theateist
Just before I drove from the dealership I opened the hood and there was no engine cover. I told that to the sales person but he said it doesn't come with one. But, when I left I thought maybe it should come with one anyway. Therefore, I'm asking here if someone has same car or any any insight.
My ‘22 has an engine cover and from photos I have seen it appears your ‘24 does as well. Mine is attached to the underside of the hood/bonnet. It is a manufactured part that is formed to fit over the bulk of the engine compartment when the hood is closed. It is made of a sound deadening material similar to “hush mat”. Sound deadening is the non-aesthetic function of an upper engine cover.

IMO the engineering, organization and attention to detail found under the hood of your CR-V should not be hidden by a piece of plastic.

YMMV

Last edited by Just Ducky; 01-02-2024 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 09:42 PM

Can you share the link to those images? I actually found my model on youtube
and
and it's shown they don't have the engine cover. But, I don't know if that the case or it was removed prior to shooting the video for review purpose.

Old 01-02-2024, 10:21 PM
Default Secret Squirrel

Since you divulged the model (EX-L) it is possible that the lower trim levels may not have that insulation. Mine is a Hybrid Touring and it does.

Here is a link to a dealer with photos:
https://www.visaliahonda.com/new-Vis...RS6H5XRE048287

The ‘24 Hybrid obviously does however at this same site there is photo of a ‘24 EX and it does not. I did not research it ad nauseam for you due to LOI.
If you open your hood and look you will know. If the answer is no, one could order one for the higher trim and install it.
Out

Old 01-03-2024, 05:51 AM

I purchased 2024 Honda CRV and discovered it does NOT have upper engine cover. All my previous cars had always an engine cover. Is this standard for Honda to not have engine cover? If yes, do you recommend to buy one or is it waste of money?
My 2024 CR-V EX came with it. I would go check others and get the dealer to provide it

I was wrong! I guess I was remembering my wife’s 2013 Accord. My 2024 CR-V EX Does nt have and engine cover

Last edited by Bubbalou88; 01-10-2024 at 04:24 AM.
Old 01-06-2024, 06:40 PM

I went to a few dealerships again and checked EX, EXL and Hybrids. All except Hybrids do NOT have engine covers. Why is this trim based? It's like having fuse box cover - it'a part of the car and not an accessory!

Old 01-06-2024, 08:10 PM
Default Maybe

I went to a few dealerships again and checked EX, EXL and Hybrids. All except Hybrids do NOT have engine covers. Why is this trim based? It's like having fuse box cover - it'a part of the car and not an accessory!
Your conclusion MAY not be accurate.
The EX-L trim is a higher level than the Sport Hybrid. That being what it is, consider that the 1.5L Turbo is MUCH quieter than the 2.0L Atkinson not to mention the generator noise. I can be stopped and the engine can be revved up simply to charge the HV Batt. It appears that Honda is addressing the noise even further by using insulated glass on the front side windows in the new Sport Touring.

I do not think this is a matter of “Ya gets what ya pays for”, rather than a matter of addressing a demonstrated need.

As usual, YMMV.

Old 01-06-2024, 08:17 PM

Just to make sure I understand you, are you saying the Hybrid has an engine cover because the hybrid engine makes a lot more noise and the engine cover helps reduce the noise (in addition to the insulated windshield you mentioned)?

Quick Reply: Why 2024 Honda CRV has no engine cover?