Cruising / Standard Valkyrie, VTX, Shadow, Nighthawk, and Rebel related information.

2010 Honda Stateline ABS/CBS

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Location: Phoenix, AZ for now. Someday, my iron horse will be my compass.
Default 2010 Honda Stateline ABS/CBS

Hello HF Members...

I wanted to share my experience that lead to my decision to select the 2010 Honda Stateline with ABS/CBS as my future motorcycle.

I researched for over 6 months. Went to all major motorcycle dealers in Phoenix, AZ. Spoke with countless experienced motorcycle riders of all bike types. Joined many forums such as this one to interact with a variety of experienced level riders. I just recently obtained my ME License in Feb. 2010 through a 3 day riders course, Ride Smart. Prior to that course, I had never been on a motorcycle. Many riders recommended a standard bike as a first learning bike type. I am 6' tall and weigh 205 pounds (fit). Most of the dealers I went to steered me away from investing in a light sized bike because they all stated that in a few months, I would out-grow the bike. I was initially sold on the HD Fat Boy. But, after researching, learning about bikes and all there different features and riding styles, I quickly realized that Honda was a superior motorcycle. So many modern essential features; liquid cooled engine, ABS/CBS, fuel-injection, shaft final drive, proven reliability, and wow; the overall cost less than $13,000. The HD Fat Boy was over $17,000 and was nowhere close to the features the the Honda Stateline offered. I also learned that the are so many HD bikes, but few Honda cruisers. I wanted to stand out from the crowd; I guess that makes me a Lone Wolf?

I plan on buying my honda Stateline in July. I plan on getting engine guards and taking it very easy until I get used to this motorcycle. What encouraged my to buy this model instead of the Honda Shadow 750, was the fact that one of the people who took the 3 day course with me, was a person who had never been on a bike too. She passed her course and bought a HD Fat Boy. She took it easy and had the advantage of knowing experienced riders who helped her along. That bike weighs more than the Stateline. The other factor I consider as well, was that I wanted to drive to and from CA, Las Vegas, and North AZ. Distance riding with my girlfriend. With the Shadow it would be too uncomfortable. I do not plan on doing any passenger riding until I feel completely comfortable with my future Honda.

Anyone purchased a Honda Stateline? Anyone with a similar experience or input on what I have shared?

Thank you and ride safe.