Element Forum This unique crossover provides the interior room of a minivan with the abilities of a compact SUV.

Please read before you buy a Honda!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Default Please read before you buy a Honda!!!

I own a 2004 Element that was still under warranty when I took it to Yonkers Honda for service the first week in January 2007 because the interior heat did not work. It is now February 14th and I am still without my car.

During the first 2 weeks in January I was in and out of Yonkers Honda until they finally figured out the problem. Apparently it was an issue that Corporate Honda was well aware of. The radiator, thermostat and heater element had to be replaced. This was a very extensive repair since the entire dashboard had to be removed in order to get to the heater element.

When I went to pickup my vehicle I could not believe what they had done. There were scratches all over the dashboard. It seemed that a screw driver was wedged in between various areas of the dash and then when removed placed down on cement. In addition it did not sit correctly; it was loose to the touch and was buckled at the seams. Everything on the inside was embedded with motor oil, from the seats to the doors and dash. The damage continued to the exterior as well. The hood and grill was all scratched, again motor oil was everywhere. When I opened the hood I found screws missing and some parts loose by the radiator.

Upon bringing this to the Service Manager’s attention he seemed aggravated that I complained. He then offered to have the vehicle detailed and assured that it would fix all the problems. I was then told to make a decision quickly because the vehicle had to be moved. So I agreed.

Since then I have repeatedly been called back to pickup my car (approximately 5 times, lost count). Each time the vehicle was not right and remained at the dealer. On one occasion nobody could even close the hood. The workmanship by the technicians at Yonkers Honda is extremely poor. There is no care or concern for the property being worked on. I feel that they are just trying to wear me down so I would just accept the condition of the vehicle.

This same attitude continues with Bob Feinberg the general manger/owner of Yonkers Honda. I spoke with him this past Saturday after another attempt to pick up my car. His first question was did I buy the car there. I told him I did not and his response was why not. He went on to say that he really takes care of the people that purchased their vehicles from him. He then mentioned that I have not provided him with the opportunity to make money off me, only now when I need service. He then said if it was him, he would not have the nerve to bring his car for service to a dealer he didn’t purchase the car from.

During all this time I have repeatedly reached out to Honda’s customer service and tried to speak to Betty McDonald the assigned customer representative for Yonkers Honda. When she does return my call it seems her only goal is to make sure I am aware that the dealer is privately owned and that my vehicle can only be repaired by Yonkers Honda. She also stated that no other dealer could do the repair in their place. This has bothered me very much since the technicians at Yonkers Honda have clearly shown how incompetent they are. Therefore I have asked that someone from Honda inspect the mechanical condition of my vehicle, since I just do not feel comfortable putting my family in that car after seeing what was done to it. I have mentioned how extremely uneasy I feel about the condition the inside of the vehicle may be in especially the after the way things in plain sight were left. Unfortunately Ms. McDonald has repeatedly told me that she could not have this done. I also have asked a numerous times to speak to a supervisor or manager but was very sternly told by everyone at Honda customer service that Ms. McDonald was it and there was nobody else I could talk to.

I really hope I have good news some time soon but I urge you all to reconsider buying a Honda especially after what I been through. I for one will never buy one again. If you must purchase a Honda do not go to

Yonkers Honda
2000 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, New York 10710