Fit Forum This sporty new sub-compact combines the efficiency of a economy car with the interior room of some minivans.

Electrical gremlins with skidding Hondas

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 04:57 PM
Default Electrical gremlins with skidding Hondas

Have a 2018 Fit and my daughter did a little over steer snow slide. First Google earth locked up, then the controls on the screen were unresponsive, the yellow, brake system warning came on, and finally the screen went dark with the turn signal camera occasionally coming on then turning off. Turned the car off and on but no center screen and brake system warning still on. Next day everything was fine, got the GPS warning but screen came back after a few minutes. Talked with my brother-in-law who told me that with a Honda, in a skid, the wheel sensors will cause all types of electrical issues. My wife (her car) had issues with this in the past, in the winter, where the center screen gave warning codes or was unresponsive. The screen always came back and the dealer could never find anything wrong (was still under warantee). If a prolonged "rest" period doesn't work, may want to try to reset the tire sensors.

Just thought I'd pass this little tidbit along.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum thank you for the good info.