General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

Honda Care warranty expiration

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:05 AM
Default Honda Care warranty expiration

I purchased the Honda Care warranty for $1.8K 5 years ago. I did not make any claims, so per the contract I was entitled to receive a full refund of my $1.8K after 5 years. The catch was that I needed to make the claim within 60 days after expiration. Of course, Honda did not mention this technicality when I purchased the warranty - otherwise, I would never have purchased it. I put in a claim after 60 days and it got denied.

Does anyone know of any laws that protect the consumer against these obvious unreasonable timeframes to make the claim? Any advice on how I can get my money back? I've spoken to the dealer and they are being unreasonable. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:51 AM

I just found out that the person I dealt with at Spirit Honda in El Monte, CA is no longer working there. So I no longer have any contact information for who to buy a cheaper warranty from in California. My best advice is to check the prices online, then call all your local dealers, ask for the Finance Department Manager, then offer $100 to $200 over the cost you found online.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by gobearskidd
I purchased the Honda Care warranty for $1.8K 5 years ago. I did not make any claims, so per the contract I was entitled to receive a full refund of my $1.8K after 5 years. The catch was that I needed to make the claim within 60 days after expiration. Of course, Honda did not mention this technicality when I purchased the warranty - otherwise, I would never have purchased it. I put in a claim after 60 days and it got denied.

Does anyone know of any laws that protect the consumer against these obvious unreasonable timeframes to make the claim? Any advice on how I can get my money back? I've spoken to the dealer and they are being unreasonable. Thanks.
You might contact the Consumer protection agency,but I doubt they can help,It is very important that you read and understand all the fine print on these contracts,there is hidden info that can be benificial to you down the road,sorry this happened to you and good luck, Bobby

Old 03-20-2011, 01:50 PM

I think you should contact the finance department. and prove them you are infact they have to refund. check with the dealer with the previous records.