General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

Ls vtech

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Default Ls vtech

Hey I have a question i have a 94 integra ls motor that im currently starting to bulid. I want t make it an all motor Ls vtech to put in my 2000 civicdx coupe. I have tried everything to get the allen key head bolts off the ls but i cant and im afraid to try anymore for fear of stripping them does anyone have any suggestions??

Old 11-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Default RE: Ls vtech

Find some good T Handles with allen wrench on it. You might want to shorten the length on the allen wrench. The shorter it is, you will not slip out very easilyand strip the allen head out. You migh want to tap it with a hammer to get the allen wrench to seat it good inside the bolt head. Just in case, put some WD-40 on it. Just a suggestion.

If everything has failed, just get a drill bit that barely covers up the hole on the bolt and drill to break the head off. Once you get that part off, then use some vise grips to unscrew it out.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:05 PM

ill give that i try thanx, I went to autozone like 2 hors ago and bought sockets with allen heads so ill try pounding them in do ou think that will work???

Old 11-10-2007, 06:34 PM

Good idea there from TexAir...I've had to do that myself on occasions and it worked for me also..

Scorpio7

Old 11-10-2007, 07:50 PM

so you do you think the socket will work and if it doesnt i should just drill it out then???

Old 11-10-2007, 11:21 PM

Hold your horses, Dont be too eagar. I dont know what part your working on. Need to know what part this is on. The socket with the allen wrench will work wonderfully. I ll put one hand on the socket, and one on the handle, GO SLOW! Put as much pressure you can handle. If you have a feeling it is not going to work beforehand, (little loose or your socket is jackrabbiting on you - slipping out) Stop!

AGAIN, I need to know what part this is. If its the valves covers, you dont want to drill it because you dont want the metal shavings to go in your motor. These honda motors are interference engines, one little crud in there can really damage your motor.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 PM

How big is the allen wrench hole on the bolt (what size allen wrench are you using?) I am curious

Old 11-11-2007, 10:16 AM

The allen key size is 9/16, im trying to take out the two bolts between the cam shafts

Old 11-11-2007, 10:25 AM

Okay, I see where your at. The motor is torn apart and your trying to get the camshaft off and you just cannot get the bolt out to get the thing out. Am I right? How is it going with the tool set that you got? Is it not working? I say go ahead and drill the head and break it off. Just make sure you dont hit or score the camshaft or the piece that holds the camshaft down. I say put a rag around that piece just in case you slip off by drilling the head of the bolt. You want to protect it unless you feel like tearing the motor down again. I know, its a BISH!

Old 11-11-2007, 11:09 AM

Damn alright ok sounds good ill let you know how it went after the damage is done thank again for the help

Quick Reply: Ls vtech