General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

06 civic ex, no start

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Default 06 civic ex, no start

I was driving home from work the other day and the check engine light and the service light came on. Also when they came on i noticed the car started kinda sputtering a little and wouldnt rev past 3500. So next day i go to start my car and nothing. It makes a weird noise wont turn over. This morning i tried to start it and it came on for a few minutes, i let it run and gave it some gas but it still wouldnt rev past 3500 rpms. I didnt take it to work because i didnt want to further damage it. Anyone have any idea what this could be?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum, is your car still under warranty? Is the oil up full, is the battery terminal clean, did you hear any type of noise when at idle ( rattle ) will it still idle without reving the engine and idle for 5-10 minutes smoothly? I would be guessing at this point a possible cat being plugged up. If there is any possible way to get someone to get the code for the engine light it would help greatly.