General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'06 Honda Civic HVAC Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Default '06 Honda Civic HVAC Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Hello Honda-heads!

Happy Friday everyone! The summertime has arrived so I decided to tackle replacing the HVAC system cabin air filter in my '06 Civic. The job is pretty straight-forward and doesn't require any tools so if anyone else is interested in performing this job themselves then don't be daunted! I wrote this handy-dandy write-up on the procedure for my '06 model but it applies to model years '06-'11.

Some of the suitable replacement A/C cabin air filters for the Honda Civic include the Purolator C35519, Wix 24815, AC Delco CF159, and Beck Arnley 042-2023. Personally, I'm a bit of a cheapskate (I prefer the term fiscally conservative ) so I bought a $15 OEM filter from http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Pr...Cooling%20Unit. The part number is 80292-SDA-A01 on this site as well as from the dealer.

Anywhoo, without further ado here's how one would go about replacing the A/C filter for their '06-'11 Civic:

1) The first step is to get into the front passenger seat of the car and open up the glove box.

2) Then pull inwards on both side walls of the glove box to release the rubber stops on each side of the glove box. When the rubber stops are clear, you can lower the glove box to the passenger floorboard. Behind the glove box, you'll see the blower motor housing and the rectangular black plastic cabin air filter cover.

3) To remove the cabin air filter element and tray, push in on the two side tabs that secure it to the blower motor housing. Then slide the tray straight out. To separate the filter element from the black plastic tray, pull or push the element upwards out of the tray.

4) When replacing the cabin air filter, be sure to take note of the "Air Flow" markings on the element. With the new or cleaned cabin air filter back in the black plastic tray, slide it back into the slot in the blower motor housing until the two side tabs "click" into place.

5) Double check that the tray is securely in the blower motor housing before raising up the glove box. To re-attach the glove box, push inwards on both sides while simultaneously raising the rubber stops back into place. Close the glove box to complete the job.

6) Sit back, open up a cold one and enjoy the fruit of your mechanical prowess!

Old 07-08-2011, 01:39 PM

Great write up ,thanks so much,I'm sure that will help somone for sure.