General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
View Poll Results: 94 Honda Passport Good or Bad?
Great and amazing
0%
Its an alright car
0%
Sub-par Engineering
0%
Engineering team consisting of monkeys and potted plants
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

94` Honda Passport Transmission Oil Change?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Exclamation 94` Honda Passport Transmission Oil Change?

My transmission has began to slip on this 94 passport i picked up last year. I DO NOT have the manufacturer booklet but I CAN buy a filter which tells me its something that needs to be done at some point... My tranny fluid looks old and smells old and its begun to slip a bit and shutter from a dead stop. (wasnt doing that last month) I know it COULD be the end of the transmission but Id rather change the oil and filter and see what happens before I take it out back and shoot it.

Problem: I cant seem to find and drain or fill plugs on the main part of the transmission. There are some on the 4x4 gear box looking thing located at the rear of the transmission however when i took a little out it smelled and looked nothing like the fluid from the transmission dipstick. (a little more stinky but more clear)>?? reminded me of differential fluid

Questions: How do I drain the transmission, and also since the pan seems to be blocked by the transmission support bar (the bar holding up the transmission) do i have to jack up the transmission and remove the bar before taking off the pan to change the filter? That seems like A LOT of work for about 3" of clearance...?
Thanx for all the info!

Old 10-24-2015, 05:10 PM

its different between automatic and standerd i don't own a passport so im not certain where the plug is located but if its automatic you have to drain and fill multiple times to get all the fluid from the converter. i would purchase a manual from a local parts store or online that way you will have all the info you need on hand.