Ac issues - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:57 PM

Default Ac issues

Iíve got an 03 accord with the k24 in it and Iíve noticed in the last week that after I leave my car in the heat in direct sunlight for abut an 8 hour work day the car will take about 10 minutes for the air to get completely cold. Once itís cold itís cold and it doesnít quit. If I park the car in the shade or garage, it doesnít give me this issue. Iíve done some research and I canít seem to find a solid answer. Is this normal for harsh summer temperatures or do I have a bigger issue?
Old 09-06-2018, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

i have a 07 Fit, 16 HR-V, 06 town and country. when these 3 vehicles are left in the hot sun, it takes longer to cool the inside than when parked in the shade. the front windshield, and roof get a little hotter than the outside temp and takes the a/c unit longer to cool all this down besides us people on the inside. working for the airlines we have used a bright shinny material with bubble wrap in the middle, ( i get them from the rv supply and cut them to size of each window) when you first get into the hot car in the sun and run the a/c for a few minutes, it cools down faster then no covers on all the windows. also crack one window about 1" to allow warm air to escape. make sure that the cabin filter is clean. change once a year or sooner if in dusty area.