General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Electrical Nightmare? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Default Electrical Nightmare? Help!

I own a 1997 Honda Accord LX Coupe (2.2 Non-Vtec, Automatic). Recently, my door locks and drivers side power window quit working. If memory serves me correctly, the power locks failed first and window failed within days. When I use the aftermarket clifford remote to arm my alarm, the door locks do not engage as they previously had. I havent noticed even a noise that would suggest power to the actuators. If I attempt to use the interior power lock switches, I see the same result. This is the case for either door..

Within days, my drivers side power window refused to function. Whenever I try to use the window switch, I hear no attempt at motion nor motor activity. The drivers side switches will not operate either window, however, the passenger window control still allows the passenger window to function. If I engage the window lock mechanism on the drivers side, it does lock out controls for the passenger window. In maybe an unrelated failure, I can only manually lock the drivers door if I pull on the interior door handle prior to pressing the lock.

The drivers side mirror controls still function perfectly. I have checked literally every fuse in the car; both under the hood and near the dead pedal. Anyone have any suggestions on what the culprit could be? It seems strange that these failures would occur simultaneously.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 AM

First pull the switches and test for power with a volt meter and make sure the connections were tight,If you have power the switch is bad.