General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Default engine

Well its a long story but after having bottom end traouble in the R it was decided it was easier to fit a new engine, i sourced the engine from a breaker and sent it to the honda dealer ship now the engine was out of a one 2004/5 car and we were fitting it in a 52 model, i was told by the hoda garage this was not a problem and they would change the manifolds ect to fit.

Well all this happened and then on return of the car the engine managment light came on, i took it back to honda and they sent it back to me saying they changed the spark plugs and it was now fine. It ran for about 300 miles with no problem at all then the engine managment light came on again. Honda have had it several times, they have changed the head to be the old head and all the sensors but cant get it to stop throwing the fault code up, apparently the fault code is a missfire??

If you have any ideas what could cause this please help, the car drives fine if any thing it may be slightly missing at very low revs and on tick over, it ticks over between 800-900RPM

ANY help will be greatly recived

cheers

Drew