General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Engine harness interchange? Please Help!:(

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Default Engine harness interchange? Please Help!:(

I bought a 92 Honda Prelude with a 1994 Honda Accord Ex 2.2 motor in it. He never finished the swap and it needs a wire harness. The new motor in it was from a automatic and was put in the Prelude which has a manual. I found a manual harness for that same motor. Will it work for that motor and transmission? Or not because the motor was from a automatic?

Old 08-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Default swapping parts

my mechanic swapped a 95 with a 96, and used some old parts and some new. new was automatic, old was manual... I don't think the type of transmission matters. I think he used the 95 harness, but he might have used the 96 manual one.... should have written down what he used old & what new... it shifts differently now, like I have to shift more quickly than I used to. I've had other problems, like with the power steering bracket, it was hard to get the pulley in the right position, and I burned up a couple of belts... the idle pulley squeaked with the new engine whereas it hadn't squeaked with the old one. different belt sizes were needed... another thing that is annoying is that the computer doesn't work to help trouble shoot. but the engine seems to work well... except for some surging while idling... can't figure out why that is... but, I think your mechanic was smart to swap with a 95, because they made some sort of changes in 96, that makes swapping more difficult.

hope yours runs well for you.
lol it's funny getting parts, because depending on what part, I have to tell the part store that I have a 95, or a 96...