General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Gas leak on 03 Accord while filling

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Default Gas leak on 03 Accord while filling

I know you are thinking the same thing I was, it's leaking from the fill hose but it isn't in that area.
My daughter contacted me and saidfuel was leaking from her car while getting gas. I asked her if it was leaking after she stopped and she told me no. So she brought it over and I put some gas from a can in it with no leaks, then we went to station and added gas and it leaked in front of the wheeel and the hoses were dry. I took off the wheel and the gas exhaust fume line above where it was leaking was dry and had no evidence of damage. I finished filling it up and took it home and no leaks (other than while I was filling it). The check engine light was on and Autozone informed me the oxygen sensor was bad. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old 12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Gas leak on 03 Accord while filling

Well the o2 sensor would not make gas spill out of the fuel lines. You may want to take it to your dealer and get it checked out first because it may be something going on internally. Maybe a small oring or line has a hole in it or something around those lines. The o2 sensor just measures the oxygen in the gas otherwise letting you know if your car is running to rich or too lean. You may want to do a little research on it. That may be something wrong with the car but as far as fuel spilling out, thats not.