Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Accord - car horn goes off every so often while driving/braking

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Default 06 Accord - car horn goes off every so often while driving/braking

Hi all - glad to be part of the Honda family...

I recently got this car and haven't even put 100 miles on it... today while I am driving it to test it out and listening to any odd, strange sounds, I noticed few things, needs alignment, tires, likely brakes, etc (the usual maintenance at 45-50k miles), HOWEVER, when stepping on the brakes after highway to City driving, going slightly to the right, and then accelerating, the horn slightly goes off and is very soft. It has happened few times (1st time when it happened, I'm like WTF!! and then nothing) again, about 30 min. driving, same thing - and I am looking around at other cars while they are looking at me - so I know it's my car and not someone playing a joke around me (honking and then hiding)

so, what could be the issue?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum, sounds like there is a brake wire rubbing through and touching the horn wire to have the horn go off when brake applied. It may be in the wire bundle, or behind the fuse box. Need to get a wire diagram and trace the wires where the brake and horn may pass each other.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:57 AM

acmech52: thanks for warm welcome.

I was also trying to make a relationship between brakes and horn if they are in same wire bundling as well which seems to be very strange. I know I need new brakes, so was looking for DIY as well but couldn't find it. Is it me (maybe I haven't searched hard enough) but there is limited information out there for the accord (i.e., DIY, wiring diagrams, how to's, etc.?)

Old 02-06-2010, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

you are correct, No one has placed a 06 wire diagram on any site that I know of at this time. I don't even think the local library has them. I normally purchase a factory service manual if I want to save some money and work on my own car a bit. If I find a manual on line, I will get back to you.