General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help with coilovers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Default help with coilovers.

I don't know much about anything technical on cars so feel free to talk me through like I were a five year old. Anyways, I recently rotated my tires on this civic I bought a few months ago and realized the front wheels are way to slanted and I'd rather give up the lowered look to save tires. I found out that I can apparently raise these coilovers by simply twisting some ring around. Well three look good but the one on the front drive side has me a little worried.[IMG][/IMG]
The gold ring on the other ones are flush all the way around but on this one it looks like it's jumped down or up on one side.
Any help regarding the matter is greatly appreciated and again don't be afraid to describe every minute detail as I don't know how to work on cars and every bits gonna help out.

*edit* sorry for the large image size, I forgot to scale it down before I uploaded.

Last edited by regalvizzerdrix; 06-23-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:06 PM

yeah thats a potentially dangerous situation driving with that the way it is if that snaps you could loose control of the car. your missing a bolt that holds the that spring collar to the threaded sleeve. your going to want to fix that ASAP. you need to remove the entire sleeve and try to remove the spring collar and have it replaced i would say to try and bend it back but its aircraft aluminium and bending it back mite ruin its structural integrity. those appear to be Ground control adjustable sleeves and have a lifetime warranty so i suggest you contact ground control and see if they will replace it for free. you can find them here http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/index.php

Last edited by lowlife9; 06-24-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:01 PM

oh goodie, I can die at any moment each day. Thanks a bunch for the info, I'll be sure to give them a ring though I'm not too hopeful since I'm sure this would count as a "user error" thing even though it was apparently the work from 2 owners ago. I'll be sure to take it easy over the bumps until I can get this sorted out. Once again, many thanks, it's greatly appreciated

Old 06-26-2012, 10:40 AM

Don't know anything about Coilovers but it looks like someone tried to fix it.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:07 PM

well even if they don't replace it for free that spring collar won't be very much money and its very lite so shipping will be nothing make sure you get the bolt also. here is a guide to remove the part.
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/23...stall-diy.html
when your done you will need an alignment.

Last edited by lowlife9; 06-26-2012 at 05:09 PM.