General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

maintenace required?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Default maintenace required?

What does it mean when the maintenance required tab underneath the odometer is red? I have a 1994 Honda Accord EX and just passed 140,000 miles. 140,437 exactly...should i be worried to drive my car or is this a result of passing a certain milage? I also noticed that my dome light is going on and off at strange times? Do i have an electric problem? please respond to my email....ptonyha@holly.colostate.edu

Old 01-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Default RE: maintenace required?

The dome light and the 'Maintenence Required" tab are separate isses. The maintenence tab is more of a friendly reminder than an actual problem. It is just warning you that its time for certain preventive maintenence issues like oil changes. It can easily be reset by pressing your key on a small black button near the lower left of your speedometer. This will turn it back to green. It turning red does not affect the operation of your car. As far as the dome light, that could be a faulty switch in either your door or dome light.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Default RE: maintenace required?

so if i ran a obd-II scan when the maint. req. light was on, nothing would pop up? My friend has a 2003 CR-V and that light just came on, but first of all we cant find the connector to scan it anyway. Would an old air filter cause that light to go on?