Prelude Forum This sporty coupe was popular with anyone who wanted a sporty, economical ride.

97-01 prelude interior clock & maintenance required light

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:56 AM
hd3
Default 97-01 prelude interior clock & maintenance required light

I just boughta '99 prelude a few weeks ago. Does anyone know if the clock has a time check feature. I mean, if you press the bar thats just below the display that hides the clock's controls, does it light up for as long as you press the bar, ifthe ignition is off?

My '95 civic had this feature and so thats why this is curious to me. If everyone else's works then I'd need a new center dash unit I suppose.

One other thing. Does your maintenance required light glow green only when the gauges are illuminated but not when the lights are off. I'm not sure if it just compliments the instrument panel at night,b/c it doesn't glow as bright a green as the gear selection indicator on the tachometer side. Funny thing is, it only glows when the lights(parking or headlights) are on. Theignitiondoesn't even have to be on. I would expect it to be bright enough to see during the daytime too though, if maintenance was really required.

I'm still getting used to the car(not having bought it new)& haven't received my owners manual yet, assuming it would shed light on these questions anyway.

Thanks