General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Overheating problem!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Default Overheating problem!

Hi all. I am having a overheating problem. It is after about a half hour of driving that it starts to overheat. When I am on the freeway it runs a little hotter than normal after a long drive but is really apparent when I get off it starts getting pretty high and I have to shut the car off if I am at a red light and go fast to cool it down at green. I never let it get about about 70% up there but it wants to. It was spurting out all of its coolant out of the overflow and leaving the radiator empty but yesterday it overheated without doing that the radiator was still full so that confused me. So far I have replaced the radiator and thermostat and it's still doing it. I am thinking a cracked head? I don't know much about this issue though so not sure. HELP! lol

Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 AM

Welcome in,did you replace the cap also,is the thermostst in correctly,people sometimes drop it in backwards.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:30 AM

Make sure the thermostat is in good position. Hoses are functioning or not properly, sometimes pinches in hose can cause overheating problems.Check out properly.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 PM

Also,
Hondas have a -/**** valve, I can't remember the name they call it. But, anyway you have to open that valve, or a Honda motor will have a big air bubble in the water line. It looks like a brake bleeder valve, might be on or near the intake manifold. Fill it open that valve (((NOT WHILE ITS HOT))). Look online for the correct procedure.
If your head isn't cracked, it's. miracle, but you'll never get it to run at temp if you don't get the air bubble out f the line. Look up a diagram online it will show you it's loc. and proper way to bleed off the air.