General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Stereo and Cigarette charger stopped working, checked fuses, please help, 2000 honda

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Default Stereo and Cigarette charger stopped working, checked fuses, please help, 2000 honda

I have a 2000 honda accord, has an aftermarket cd player installed which came with the car.

I had a mp3 charger plugged into the cigarette adapter, but it was a charger that had a fuse inside that could be unscrewed and taken out, i guess the screw got loose so when i pulled out the charger, the fuse fell into the cigarette adapter area, the car was on so i saw a few flashes and then the cd player stopped working.

I checked the fuses in the panel by the steering wheel, also under the hood, they all seem to check out ok with a multimeter as well as visually when i look at them.

i took out the cd player and there wasn't a fuse on the back (the person that installed it didn't do a very good job).

would there be hidden fuses somewhere i need to check, and is there something behind the cigarette lighter adapter plug panel that i need to check??

thanks, help is appreciate.

my next step is to check to see if the cd player even works, but that wouldn't solve why the cigarette adapter doesn't work either (weird because all the fuses check out ok).

Old 04-26-2009, 06:13 AM

everyone kept telling me there were only the 2 fuse location spots (under hood and driver side) but i just found out that there is a 3rd location exactly opposite on the passenger side as well.

that had the radio/cigarette lighter fuse blown, all works great now.

thanks

i should have looked a little harder.