General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Uncertain Oil amount

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Default Uncertain Oil amount

So, new to the honda world, I have what may sound like a newbie question: I havean 89 CRXsi with a 99 Civic D16Y7 engine. The oil stick that should be with the car is gone and the current one is too short. I am trying to find out how much oil I should put in when I get it changed, everyone in Maine I talk to doesn't want to touch the car, but it has to be done and I just want to give them a good number. Also if anyone knows what type of oil would be best, that would help too! The oil change is on Friday at 6- Thanks for anyone who replies!~

Old 04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Uncertain Oil amount

Aloha Ping*ping: welcome to the forum. Oil capacity for the 1999 d16y is 3.5 if engine it out of a u.s. car, dx,lx. For the ex engine, it is 3.8 qt us.
If you go to the Honda.com and register your car as the civic engine, you can get specifications for the engine.
Suggest you go get a dip stick plenty fast. Go to the Junkyard, there should be a lot of dip sticks there.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Default RE: Uncertain Oil amount

any honda dealer will also have it usually under 40 bucks
i lived in bangor fo 2 years and i miss the weathernot!!!