General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Where OIL!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:34 AM
Default Where OIL!?!?!?!?!

HELP! every 3-4 days, i need to add a quart of oil into my car. Recently, head job was done, car runs fine....every few days, the oil level on the dip stick is below the bottom dot. Add one quart and it goes to the middle of the two tops, and im good for a few more days. No leaks are noticed down below, no smoke out the exhaust either, WHERE IS ALL THIS OIL GOING????

Old 03-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Default RE: Where OIL!?!?!?!?!

First I would look to see if the oil is blowing onto the undercariage. Then I would pull the spark plugs to check for fouling. Third, there may be some thirsty oil leprichans hiding in your garage. : ) I'm sure other people can help you too.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 AM

i dont really know, but check ur car for leaks, drive it for a while then when u park ur car, but a clean cardboard under ur car, after a while, if there is oil, then u know u got a leak. or check ur radiator.....sorry i dont know much...but good luck

Old 06-08-2007, 12:19 AM

You stated that you had a head job done, it was done wrong because the engine is cooking it. Give your car another month, your motor will be shot. I promise you that. I ll start looking for another engine, only 1000.00 and get someone mechanically inclined to take the engine out and put the other one in. It should take 2 days if you dont run into some problems. or you should have warranty on the job for the heads, take it back to them and tell them to do it again, tell them its cooking the oil!