Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 accord ex Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Default 01 accord ex Transmission

I have a 01 accord (4 cy, auto)and am having transmission problems. It seemed to reving up before it kicked into gear and also seemed to not kick into 4th or overdrive as it should when cold. Then oneday on the way to work, it just kicked out of 4th, in to 3rd while in cruse and then went back into 4th gear after about 5-7 seconds. After that the cruise would not work. It would set and the light would come on, but it would not hold the speed. I had it in to get looked at and was tolds there were no codes present, but the connection was bad on the solnoid and it was cleaned up and put back together. It seemed better until this morning when it did the same thing. It only has about 91k on it, only 11k by me. Any ideas out there? If it is a major problem, what should I be looking at in terms of $$. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 01 accord ex Transmission

If the drive light, or sport light flash, possible transmission control computer or
on the side of the transmission, there are switch circuits that may go bad

Old 03-21-2007, 05:28 PM

My 2002 accord ex had the transmission replaced at 55000 miles it seemed to be jumping into gear and revving at high rpms. I Took it to the dealership and they told me they've never seen transmission problems with hondas, but it seems like i've been seeing alot of them on here. since the replacement i've had no problems

Old 03-21-2007, 08:32 PM

I have a 2002 accord ex coupe 4 cylinder and had my transmission replaced at 55,000 miles. i'd put it into drive and it would clunk and also into park it would clunk. I took it to the dealership and they told me i had a faulty transmission. Luckily it was covered under my Honda warranty. The car now has 85,000 on it. It has been about a year and i have had no problems with it. I 've noticed that alot of people seem to be having problems with their transmissons in their Accords. the dealership told me they've rarely seen transmisison problems. Other than that I love the car

Old 03-28-2007, 11:21 PM

i've got a 99 accord ex and my transmission went out at 111k, which to me, seemed horrible for a honda, i figured it would last to around 200k. The guy at the transmission shop, a place a trust, told me that 97 was the last good year on the transmissions. Sounds to me like you need a rebuild KCameron1999. I hope that helps you out.