Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Accord stuttering/random tcs light HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Question 03 Accord stuttering/random tcs light HELP!!

I bought an 03 Accord EX v6 coupe in the beginning of this month. Got it in New Jersey and drove it back to Boston. The ride seemed smooth but I am now having problems.

When I let off the gas it feels as if she stutters. Gets worse over longer distances. At random times the tcs light comes on with the warning light. Within the last couple days I am hearing screeching coming front front right tire when braking and minor sound when not. Looked at rotor quick and noticed a single streak. Obviously pads not wearing right. I replaced spark plugs, cleaned throttle body, oil change, checked intake and fuses. No difference. Scanned for codes. No codes. I am going nuts !

Guy at the auto parts store said it sounded like the car was breaking itself. I know tcs is linked to ABS, ignition and transmission

seized caliper ? ABS ? EGR Valve ? Trans ?

Have only seen tcs light 3 times since I've had it (1month). Goes away after I turn off car.

Trying everything before I get screwed at a shop or dealership.