Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1981 hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Default 1981 hatchback

Hello all,

I’m looking for some advice with regards to selling my 1981 Accord hatchback. She is starting to rust and has deteriorating seats and sun damaged interior. On the plus side she has extremely low kms (57,000) and I’ve never had a mechanical problem with her. I’m hoping to find someone looking for a restoration project. She’s a beauty and I’d love to see her come alive with the right owner.

The other option would be to find someone looking for parts....would anyone have any advice on going about this?It’s all new to me.....!

I’m located an hour east of Melbourne.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. some info i have learned on cars. you have a good vintage honda accord. normally get more money for parts sold, drawback you have a piece of metal in your driveway that may sit for a long time. if you sell the whole car, no more headache or storage. go to all the honda accord sites on the internet and place on sale in their for sale/ classified section to sell your car, no price, to see what is being offered. discribe the car the best you can and have pictures. also on facebook you can put your car for sale. be careful using craigslist. do not get discouraged if you get low ballers, expect that, be calm and wait for the best price. always say i have a better offer, would you like to best it. get their # and call them back if you like their offer. this is not an auction, best offer cash takes.