Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Accord EX vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Default 2008 Accord EX vibrations

At the end of August 2008 we leased a 08 Accord EX 4 cillinders and from the beginning we started experiencing a slight but very constant and bodersome tremmor while driving at any speed. The vibrations increase as the car goes faster 50, 60, 70 miles/hr.
Three times has the dealer, BOARDWALK HONDA OF NORTHFIELD NJ, (or so they said) tried to correct the problem. However, after stating that this is "Normal" in the new Accords BOARDWALK INSISTS IT IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT.
Please, WE NEED HELP!!!
I, Carlos, the main driver of the vehicule can not take it anymore. Previously I drove a 94 Accord, a 98 CRV, My Wife drives a 2007 CRV and we were very happy about the excelellent driving of thouse cars, this Accord however, drives like AN OLD PIECE OF JUK.
tHIS CAN NOT BE NORMAL and if HONDA MOTORS or anybody says it is normal We garantee very soon HONDA ACCORD IS NOT GOING TO LIVE UP TO ITS LEGENDARY FAME AS ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE CARS OF ALL TIMES.
I feel the frustation and sadness of a very loyal Honda Owner who is now stucked with a lease for the next 32 months .

Dealer: BOARDWALK HONDA OF TILTON RD. NEW JERSEY
Car Model: Acccord EX 4DR
Vin No.1HGCP26798A122131

I am not an expert but I can tell when somthing is wrong with the car I drive every day.
HONDA MOTORS, PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2008 Accord EX vibrations

welcome to the forum. Have you documented the actions you have done with the Honda Dealer in writing and have receipts of when and how often you have taken the car in for this vibration?
Have you documented in black and white, recorded on tape daily when you drive the car, of its actions.Do this for 2 weeks, call American Honda after all this is documented and explain to them that you have documented the following and need assistance. I have taken the accord to x dealer x times, I have documented for xxx times that while driving on a known smooth road the car vibrates at xx miles progressively getting worse at xx miles, xx miles.I have taken the dealers service manager on a road test and he has repeatedly said the car is ?????????
I don't know of any 08 accords that vibrate like yours at this time, this is a first on this forum. Keep us up to date as to what you are doing.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Forgot to ask the following.I don't know what type of maintenance contract you have with the lease. Has the tires been rotated, cris-crossed, side to side, balanced, alighnment done, has the engine been checked in nuteral up to driving rpms for vibrations, rims checked for out of round.Have you tried to check with another dealership. ( ck with your maintenance contract )
Service departments at many dealerships do not work well with the sales department due to no comission made to fixing this type of problem. So they try to pass the buck by saying there is nothing they can do. They can do something if it is mechanical, if not then they could replace the vehicle.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

called my dealership this afternoon. told them of the situation, they told me to advise your friend to take the car to the dealer. the vibration needs to be fixed, it is not a natural or live with it item. after you have seen another dealer, then call american honda to ask for further service.
the person I spoke with came from upper new jersey and said sometimes the dealers give the customer a hard time hoping they go away or live with the problem. they said to get the car fixed, get it into another dealership, document what is happening with the car, and the dealership in writing.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:52 PM

hey there, i was bored and surfing around the net and joined to help with your accord vibration. First off I work in the service department for a Honda dealership. We have had I think 3 or 4 08 Accords come in for vebration like you describing. In most cases is has been tire balance issues, but for 2 of them it hasnt been. 1 Accord had the vibration so bad Honda Tech Line had us replace the following: Tranmission, ECU, ac comp, tires, throttle body, and reflashed the computer a couple of times. After having the car for a little over a week Honda actually bought the car back and we have not heard anything back. And the other accord never came back in. So I do believe that this is a problem for some 08 Accords, the 09s we have had no problems with. Trust me you keep going back enough and they will take note. And you can always call honda and complain to them, the people at honda do contact the district reps and they get ahold of the dealerships about these things, hope i could help you

Old 01-24-2009, 07:28 PM

Amber,
I am going thru the same situation. I have a 2008 Accord EX-L V6. They thought it might be due to the VCM but I think they have an assembly line problem. The dealer I purchased the car from said they couldn't do anything more, that 'was just how Honda was making them'. I then took the vehicle to another dealer that had a force balancing tire machine. They confirmed the wheels/tires were in spec. They wroteup a ticket and sent it to Honda in Torrance. In addition, I sent a certified letter to the original dealer and Honda explaining my dilemma, what thedealer said to me and their three options. Right now it's been phone tag sinceHonda's Torrancetechnical service department called me. I'm trying to find as many people as possible to let Honda know they have a real problem. Good luck in S. Jersey. I grew up in Cape May Co. so I know the lack of professionalism in Atlantic Co. Make sure you call the Customer Service Dept and get a case number. If they won't give you one ask for Simon at Customer Service of Honda in Torrance and let him know you spoke with me, Mark Cavalier of Elkridge, Maryland. These SOBs will let us hang on the vine and shrivel up before they do something.[:@] Good Luck!