Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Accord Sport CVT Doesn't Start When I Turn The Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 05:06 PM
Default 2013 Accord Sport CVT Doesn't Start When I Turn The Ignition

Sup Guys!

I hope everyone is doing well. Its been a while since I posted on the forum. I'm having a small issue and hope I can rely on my brothers for some guidance. My wife's 2013 Accord Sport has been experiencing the following issue;

When we turn the ignition to start the car, the car doesn't turn on. It doesn't crank, click or make any sound. However, the dashboard lights turn on. When we try to turn the ignition again on the second try, the car starts up.

About three months ago I had a mechanic install a Remy 16201 remanufactured starter purchased through RockAuto.com. The car was running fine. However, for the past three weeks, the car started exhibiting similar symptoms again. On occasion it won't crank. Usually when this happens, I would keep trying and the car will start after 3-4 tries. However, yesterday I must have tried cranking it 5-6 times. I was about to call a tow truck when I popped the hood to check the terminals. The terminals were on good. After about 10 minutes, I gave it one last chance and it started right up with no hesitation.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-11-2021, 10:54 PM

Since this procedure doesn't cost money, only effort and time
Clean the battery posts and clean the cable terminals that connect to the posts with a metal brush
Follow the negative cable to the chassis ground and clean that point.

If this didn't fix the issue then Circuit trace the ignition switch.
On my Elantra, the ignition switch was cheap and easy to replace so I did it anyway.