Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Honda Accord 3.5 Non hybrid. Electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 12:17 AM
Default 2015 Honda Accord 3.5 Non hybrid. Electrical issue

Hi,guys new on this forum,I know someone will know what this is and I appreciate any help immensely because I'm stumped. 2015 Honda Accord 3.5 Non hybrid.Car ran and started flawlessly up until I had a dead battery. Hooked it up to charger set it to start at 150 volts,got in it nothing still dead.Charged it up full. Battery is at 12.6 over 24 hrs. Install battery no corrosion tight on clean terminals. Now the car is dead literally everything doesn't work except the side front marker lights and the ABS pump is humming,No fob no interior lights nothing else works. Do I have to reset something did I mess something up with 150 volts? Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-26-2023, 09:47 PM

Start with a good battery before anything else.

Old 06-07-2023, 01:28 AM

Уour 2015 Honda Accord, here are a few things you can check:
  1. Check Fuse Box: Start by inspecting the fuse box for any blown fuses related to the electrical systems that are not functioning. The fuse box is typically located under the dashboard or in the engine compartment. Refer to your vehicle's owner's manual for the exact location and fuse assignments.
  2. Battery Connections: Double-check the battery connections to ensure they are secure and free of corrosion. Even if they appear clean, it's a good idea to clean the terminals with a battery terminal cleaner or a mixture of baking soda and water. Make sure the connections are tight and properly seated.
  3. Battery Voltage: While you mentioned the battery voltage is at 12.6 volts, which is within the normal range for a fully charged battery, it's worth checking the voltage again while attempting to start the vehicle. If the voltage drops significantly (below 11 volts) during the start attempt, it could indicate a weak battery or an issue with the starter motor.
  4. Battery Test: If you have access to a multimeter or a battery load tester, you can perform a battery test to verify its health. This will help determine if the battery is the root cause of the issue.
  5. Check Main Fuses: In addition to the regular fuses, there may be some main fuses or fusible links that provide power to the major electrical systems. Inspect these fuses to ensure they are intact and functioning properly.