Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

2018 Accord - Cruise Control Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 05:32 PM
Exclamation 2018 Accord - Cruise Control Problems

I drive my Accord on the highway pretty frequently, at least 10-12 times per week. Every time I use the adaptive cruise control feature. At least 5 times a week my car gives me an error saying that the ACC is off and to see a dealer (It happens most often during rain, but also occurs very frequently during good weather too). When I restart the car, the problem is solved. I plan on seeing a dealer about this issue.

What really bothers me is that once the ACC becomes disabled, I can't even use my regular cruise control. I switch to "cruise mode" and when I press the "set" button, nothing happens. Is this supposed to happen? Any input on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. best thing to do is take this to the dealer due to being under warranty and ask them if there is a problem with the c/c.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:09 AM

I realize this is an old thread, but wanted to note that I had a similar problem a few days ago also with a 2018 Accord. While driving, I got a series of warning messages indicating that ACC was disabled, FCW was disabled, Lane Departure was disabled, and Road Mitigation was disabled, and that I should take the car to the dealer. After dismissing all of those warnings, the Brake System warning light stayed on. After testing the brakes to make sure the car would stop, I went to a gas station about 5 miles down the road. After restarting the car, all of the warnings were off. I was able to use ACC and LKAS with no problems. I did take it to the dealer the next day, hoping they could look in the logs and figure out what happened. Naturally, the dealer's service advisor reported that the mechanic could not duplicate the problem. Somehow, I am not surprised. I have driven about 300 miles since this happened, turning the car off and on at least a dozen times. All of those systems seem to be working properly.

Has anyone else run into this?