Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Accord Radar Unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 03:34 PM
Default 2020 Accord Radar Unit

I'm currently in the middle of my 2020 Accord EX-L repair works and the last part I'm missing at the moment is the radar assembly. The item code is 36803-TVC-A16 / 36803-TVC-A17. The problem is that it is out of stock both new and used across the entire USA.
I have contacted multiple service centers and dealerships, ordered it three times already but every time just got my money back after a while since they didn't actually have this part anywhere.
RIght now I'm being told the part is in the global US backorder without any ETA from Honda on when will it be delivered. The only thing I can do is to wait as per what they say. And this lasts for almost 5 months already since I initially ordered it so I have no clue how long will it take to just keep waiting.
So my question is: is there any backward compatibility with other similar radar units (from different trims, 1.5L models, etc.) or is there a way to adjust the radar software in order to make it work? There is plenty of other really similar radar units but since they are usually somewhat around 600$ I don't want to risk bying them blindly.
I was also asking the dealerships about those similar models (e.g. 36803-TVA-A27) and they can't guarantee anything.
Any clue on where can it be found new or used would also be a great help.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-25-2022, 09:46 AM

i have the same problem with the same part nummber 36803-tva-a27
have not been able to resolve the issue

Old 04-25-2022, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ALEX152
i have the same problem with the same part nummber 36803-tva-a27
have not been able to resolve the issue
I don't know if this info can help you but anyway.
1. As I can see by the part code this is a hybrid 2.0 you are looking for a radar for. We have tested a 1.5L radar on a 2.0T car a couple of days ago and no luck - it says the radar is incompatible. Though we had no chance to test with the radars for the same engine and transmission but a different trim - this might have worked. In case you will have a chance to try tris yourself please share your experience here.
2. I've contacted some dealerships again, they say the current backorder is quite huge for all Accord radars. The closest arrival for mine is expected in June, for the rest of the models it is pretty similar.

Old 04-25-2022, 02:56 PM

Also have you maybe managed to make the car run without the radar.
I mean having adaptive cruise control and other honda sensing features is not a problem in a short term and we could use the car without them.
But in our case the gearbox is in some "emergency mode" disallowing to accellerate, ESP is off as well.

I beleieve there should be a solution to get rid of most of those symptoms since they should not be physically dependant on the radar absence.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by skoll
I'm currently in the middle of my 2020 Accord EX-L repair works and the last part I'm missing at the moment is the radar assembly. The item code is 36803-TVC-A16 / 36803-TVC-A17. The problem is that it is out of stock both new and used across the entire USA.
I have contacted multiple service centers and dealerships, ordered it three times already but every time just got my money back after a while since they didn't actually have this part anywhere.
RIght now I'm being told the part is in the global US backorder without any ETA from Honda on when will it be delivered. The only thing I can do is to wait as per what they say. And this lasts for almost 5 months already since I initially ordered it so I have no clue how long will it take to just keep waiting.
So my question is: is there any backward compatibility with other similar radar units (from different trims, 1.5L models, etc.) or is there a way to adjust the radar software in order to make it work? There is plenty of other really similar radar units but since they are usually somewhat around 600$ I don't want to risk bying them blindly.
I was also asking the dealerships about those similar models (e.g. 36803-TVA-A27) and they can't guarantee anything.
Any clue on where can it be found new or used would also be a great help.

Thanks in advance!

For that reason is why Used Cars and Trucks are SO EXPENSIVE. Our 2014 Camry I was told is worth $14,000 now because of the newer Vehicles PROBLEMS.
good luck with your problem.

Last edited by C 10 man; 04-29-2022 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by C 10 man
For that reason is why Used Cars and Trucks are SO EXPENSIVE. Our 2014 Camry I was told is worth $14,000 now because of the newer Vehicles PROBLEMS.
good luck with your problem.
Thank you!
At the end I have finally managed to solve the issue seems like.
For anyone else with the same problem the solution is to place an order somewhere just to be in a queue (though they might charge you a fee of 10-15% of the order value in case of cancellation if the parts were ordered for you and were not in stock)
In parallel I was constantly checking car-part.com website. This is the root UI of a CRM all used cars marketplaces use. So when you use the same UI on their site it will only list their own parts but searching using this "main" site gives you the listings of all used parts sellers.
So one day the desired radar just appeared there. The interesting thing is that there were 5 sellers for this part all with different prices. As I understood the lowest price is the original seller and the rest are resellers who never owned this part and just want to get the margin out of it. So consider contacting the lowest price seller.

I'm now waiting for the part to be shipped so the mission is almost completed, yaaay.