Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5th gen wiring harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Default 5th gen wiring harnesses

K I have been cheerfully ripping apart my donor car its a 94 LX f22B2 5spd 4 door car, and my car is a 94 EX F22B1 A/T (for Now lol) 2 door. Well there is a lot of unneeded wiring for the auto tranny on the EX's main harness (the one that stays in the car after the dash is pulled) can I swap out the main harness from the LX and install it in my EX to properly delete the unneeded wiring and get the proper clutch switch wiring ect. or will this kill my VTEC ( I will still be using the EX ECU minus the TCU and related wiring). I looked at the underhood conections last night and saw that on the round plug that the VTEC Selinoid hooks into on both cars had the same amount of pins just the engine harness's were different. I also know that auto manufactures will often use one main harness for all cars and just tape off or use different sub harness's for the different options. i.e. all 87-90 sentras are wired for variable wipers you just need to add the needed hardware. Are the accords that way? has anyone ever tried to use the LX car harness with a EX engine harness for a VTEC swap?? Where can I find part numbers for the harness's thanks for any help.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:48 AM

ask a question other than what wheels fit my car and you get no answers?