Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 accord ex belts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Default 92 accord ex belts?

how do i replace the alternator compressor and a power steering belt.
thanks
bj

Old 03-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 92 accord ex belts?

go to autozone.com and register for free, go to repair and to routine maintenance, you fill find info on belt change. Also if you go to ebay, and try to purchase a honda factory service/repair manual, it will give you a good discription to do work on your accord.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Default RE: 92 accord ex belts?

O.k to take off those belts you first need to remove the power steering belt first. To do this you need to loosen the adjuster bolt underneath the power steering pump. If you you look under the pump (facing forward) you will see 2 bolts the one on the left will loosen the pump allowing it to slide down towards the engine which will then let you take the belt off, its a bit tricky to get it off the pully at the bottom you have fiddle with it for awhile and you need lots of light to see what you are doing but also make sure you loosen the top bolt that holds the pump to the frame if it isn't loosened a bit your putting alot of stress on the adjuster system. When i'm taking the belt off my alternator you need the flip the power steering pump upwards by removing the adjuster system and taking off 1 of the 2 hoses but make sure you have rags handy to plug the holes so fluid doesn't come out. Now to get the alternator belt off its the same as for the power steering pump with an adjuster system underneath but i'm not sure on this one but I think its the opposite to the pump and it is the right bolt the moves the alternator down to get the belt off, again make sure you loosen the top bolt holding the alternator to the frame a bit so the adjuster system can move freely without stress.You can pretty continue on from there.